Friday, November 9, 2007

You know you have been going out too much when...

Today I had lunch with my friend and ex-colleague Tuomas. We went to restaurant Sävel in Hakaniemi.

Approahing the counter, I realised I knew the waiter. (But, for my defence, I have this perversion that I never forget names or faces.) He used to work in the pub downstairs of the building where I worked from year 2000 to 2003. He looked at me to get my order and said: "Hi. HI!!! Hello! Haven't seen you for a long time!!!" I could have taken that as one of those things that happen when you work in the service industry and you meet thousands of people and don't really connect their faces to places although you know you've often seen them. But he went on about the bar and how he had been wondering where I had gone to.

I didn't return to the bar since I left Helsingin Sanomat and it was four years ago...

But I really did go there very often when I did.

No comments: